SFCC Graphic Design
The two-year Graphic Design Program is an intensive course of study preparing students for entry-level jobs in design studios, advertising agencies, corporate in-house design departments and other businesses using computers to create design, advertising, web sites and promotional pieces.
The first year of studies emphasize design fundamentals, creative problem-solving, history, technology, and basic web development. First-year projects and exercises introduce students to printed, web, and interactive media.
The second year engages students in these subjects to advanced levels and introduces students to a variety of interactive media including animation, 3D modeling, advanced web development, social media.
Students enter in the Fall quarter and proceed through six consecutive quarters. All students must apply for entry into the program following the steps outlined on the application process in the Spring quarter. Students who wish to take courses before entering in Fall quarter are encouraged to contact our faculty for counseling.
Upon completing AAS degrees in Graphic and Web Design, students will...
- Qualify for entry-level jobs in the design industry. Students may find work in design studios, interactive studios, advertising agencies, corporate marketing departments and other businesses involved in the creation and production of design and communication projects.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the design process as it is applied in industry.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of design production, project workflow, and construction of digital files meeting industry standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply design concepts to a variety of print, web, and interactive media.
- Have created a portfolio, online or physical, to present their body of work to potential employers.
- Have opportunities to transfer to area universities and continue their education.
Graphic designers are employed at interactive and web design studios, graphic design studios, advertising agencies, corporate in-house departments and publishing firms. Current students are given assistance in obtaining internships and job interviews. Review careers / agencies in Spokane.