Graphic Design Application Process
We are a Fall-entry program spanning two years (six quarters). We hold interviews in the Spring to select the class for the following Fall quarter. Everyone admitted to Graphic Design must do an interview.
Interviews are scheduled for: Spring Quarter 2016
- Tuesday, June 14
- Wednesday, June 15
- Thursday, June 16
If you have questions about the interviews or to set up an interview in the Spring, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are waiting for Fall and will be taking some courses early, here is some advice on courses that will apply to our degree.
Why do we have an application process?
1. To make early contact with you and help determine if the Graphic or Web Design Program is the right fit.
2. To inform you about our program.
3. To advise you early in your admissions process.
4. To advise you about other programs that may be of benefit, if it is determined Graphic or Web Design is not the right fit.
Basically, we're here to help you with your career and educational path...
Please read carefully the following description of the application process.
To be admitted to the program, all applicants must complete and submit:
- College application.
- Placement test.
- Graphic Designers are continually reading to learn. To ensure you are ready for this program, you will need to complete a placement test in reading.
- To schedule an appointment, visit the Assessment Testing website or call, 509.533.3401
- Entry to the program requires a minimum COMPASS reading score of 80, or minimum ASSET reading score of 40. If you have taken a placement test at another accredited institution, provide contact information for institution's placement center.
- Bring your placement scores to your interview. We will not consider incomplete applications.
- Applicants who have completed coursework at SFCC in English 101, or equivalent coursework at another accredited institution of higher education, may submit transcripts in lieu of placement test scores.
In a one-page typed essay, answer the following...
- Why do you want to get into the field of Graphic or Web Design?
- The program is set up as if you are a Graphic or Web Designer working for an agency. It is project driven and you are required to meet deadlines. What are your thoughts about this?
- What are your future goals?
Bring your essay to your interview. We will not consider incomplete applications.
To help us determine if the program is the right fit for you, we would like to see some creative works you have produced.
We understand that you may be coming from a different career track and may not have design work to show, however do not let this discourage you. Your life experience counts and is factored in.
Some types of work we would like to see are:.web pages, posters, photography, paintings, drawings, craft projects, video, or music. View some examples.
In your email, request an interview, and provide your name, student ID, and telephone number.
It is essential you maintain an ACTIVE EMAIL ACCOUNT that we are able to communicate with you.
If you would like to receive occasional reminders or updates via text message, provide your telephone number and service provider (AT&T, Spring, Verizon etc.). Please note, text messaging does not replace the need for an active email account at all times.
You will be notified by email of your interview date and time. If for any reason you do not receive interview information within a week of contacting us, please follow up by telephone 509.533.3710, as it is important to us you are not overlooked. Your interview will be 15 minutes in length. Plan to arrive 10 minutes early.
In review, here are the steps in order...
- Complete your college application
- Take your placement tests
- Schedule your interview
- In preparation for your interview, write your essay and organize samples of work to show at time of interview.
Thank you for your interest in Graphic & Web Design programs at SFCC. We look forward to meeting you.
To set up an interview email: email@example.com
For program information, contact faculty member: Greg Stiles firstname.lastname@example.org