Mid-term project :
You are a Graphic Designer working for a non-profit organization. The president of the organization has asked for you to create a design identity for the event: PreFlight (A student portfolio review). This design will be used for posters, email, website graphics, and social media.
1. Read over the following email information provided by
the American Advertising Federation President :
To: Spokane Area Design Students
PreFlight, AAF Spokane's annual student portfolio review, is quickly approaching and we need you to help us spread the word!
We're looking for the best & most creative design for our PreFlight email communications, posters, website and Facebook page. Just submit your stellar design following the instructions below and the AAF Spokane Board of advertising professionals will vote for their favorite.
What the winner gets:
• Winning design will be used in all communications regarding PreFlight 2018.
• Free Admission to PreFlight!
• Your chance to pick the brains of the best creative in the area, at no charge.
What we need from you:
Your best creative!
The creative direction is completely up to you. There is no theme you must follow. However, you must incorporate "PreFlight 2018" and "April 21st" into your designs, and use the AAF Spokane logo in the poster.
• Submit 1 PDF (low resolution / smallest file size)
containing all five images built at the specs below:
Poster design : 11"x17"
Facebook event cover photo : 1200 x 628
Constant Contact event page : 915 x 305
Email header (also used on website) : 732 x 407
Instagram : 600 x 600
Entry Website Banner : 675x100
Name your PDF based on the following format:
PF18_ first initial last name.pdf
example for Jane Doe: PF18_jdoe.pdf
Email your PDF by Friday, March 2nd to email@example.com
with the subject: PreFlight 2018 Contest Submission
Winner will be notified March 16th.
Thank you for helping us promote PreFlight 2018!
AAF Spokane President
2. Incorporate the following essential copy:
What: PreFlight 2018 : Student Portfolio Review
Where: Global Credit Union
When: April 21st
Logo: AAF Horizontal Logo | AAF Stacked Logo
3. After the critique, make the necessary changes. Revisions are due the beginning of the next class.
4. When the design is complete...
Apply to all six images outlined above on the server space provided for review in class.