Exercise #1 : Modular Grids
You are a Graphic or Web Designer working for a local publication. Your Art Director has asked that you research modular typographic layouts and create a layout for an upcoming project.
1. Visit the SFCC library and check out two of the following books…
- Communication Arts : Typography Annual
- The Type Directors Club : Type Annual
- Communication Arts : Design Annual
- Print's Regional Design Annual
2. Put a sticky note on three layouts that have a strong (mathematical) structure. Do not use the actual publications layout as an example... Choose "design examples" shown in the publication.
Note: Make sure to use ALL of the copy. You DON'T have to use all of the photos.
4. Save the final file as a PDF on the server for review in class.
5. Bring both the book(s) and the examples posted for review to the next class.