Homework Exercise :
Page Layout: Working with scale.
You are a Graphic Designer working for the Rolling Stone Magazine. Your Art Director has asked you to create a two page layout for an upcoming article.
1. Read over page 42 in Thinking with Type, on using scale.
4. Choose a person, place or thing. (ex: Brad Pitt, New York City, or Mobile Phones)
5. Choose one word, acronym, or adjective (ex: Pitt, NYC, Smart) to use as a main headline.
6. Use "one" paragraph of placeholder text, along with a jumpline (ie: Continued on page 67)
7. Combine the one word with a photograph to illustrate usage of scale. Note: The photograph has to interact with the type.
8. Using InDesign, develop a two page spread, baseline grid and/or document grid for a 17" width x 11" height spread.
9. Place the text and photographs onto a document grid and baseline structure.
10. Finally, package native files with a PDF and place on the server space provided.