GRDSN 156 ILLUSTRATOR I
In this project I will learn to:
- Drawing complex custom shapes with the Pen tool.
- Edit anchor points and handles to control the precise position of vector paths.
- Draw irregular shape outlines by painting with the Blob Brush tool.
- Create a custom color scheme using saved swatches.
- Add interest and depth with color gradients.
- Adjust color, both globally and in specific selections.
- Save multiple file versions for various print applications.
HOW TO PROCEED
Read and work through the project in the Against the Clock book. You will use the sample files provided by Against the Clock.
You can download the Project 2 files here.
The project files also are stored on the server in the graphics labs, AVA-Disciplines/GRDSN/Against_the_Clock. Against the Clock provides the files on their website. If you work outside the lab, files can be downloaded by following the instructions on the inside back cover of the book. If you are checking out books from the Library the online code may not work, so be sure to save files from our lab server.
You may find it convenient to copy the files onto your personal storage area.
Build the poster.ai image as directed in the project. As a final personal touch, use the Text tool to insert your name onto the foreground, next to the cacti. Any font will do. Save the poster.ai and also create the PDF of it.
Save the files in your project folder.
What to turn in
- Your balloon poster.eps file.
- The PDF of your poster.
Create a compressed .zip archive of these two files. In Finder, select the files and then choose File>Compress“filename”. The .zip file will appear in the same folder (or Desktop) as the original file or folder. The zip files are a very safe way to move collections of files over the internet, and they usually reduce the file size.
Rename your .zip file to 156-2-My name.zip.
Attach this .zip archive to your CANVAS turn-in area for this project.
Take the quiz
Go to the Assignments section in Canvas and take the project quiz. You are allowed to retake the quizzes only twice. You might review and print the quiz before starting the project and locate the answers as you work.