GRDSN 156 ILLUSTRATOR I
In this project I will learn to:
- Develop custom logo artwork based on an object in a photograph.
- Use a gradient mesh to create realistic color blends.
- Convert type to outlines and manipulate letter shapes to create a finished logotype.
- Using layers to easily manage complex artwork.
- Create multiple artboards to contain specific projects and layouts.
- Build various logo versions to meet specific output requirements.
- Saving EPS files for maximum flexibility.
- Print desktop proofs of individual artboards.
HOW TO PROCEED
Read and work through the project in the Against the Clock book. You will use the sample files provided by Against the Clock.
You can download the Project 3 files here.
The project files are stored on the server in the graphics labs, AVA-Disciplines/GRDSN/Against_the_Clock. Against the Clock provides the files on their website. If you work outside the lab, files can be downloaded by following the instructions on the inside back cover of the book. If you are checking out books from the Library the online code may not work, so be sure to save files from our lab server.
You may find it convenient to copy the files onto your personal storage area.
Build your stationery files as directed in the book. Customize the letterhead and envelope by giving it a local address.
For the desktop printing exercise, the Adobe PDF printer may not work in newer computer operating systems. You may need to choose Save as Adobe PDF to create the proofs as PDF files. Make sure you include the marks and bleed in the PDF setup windows.
What to turn in
- Edit your stationery files, with the local addresses.
- Your PDFs of the letterhead and envelope, including marks and bleed.
Create a compressed .zip archive of your folder. In Finder, select File>Compress“filename”. The .zip file will appear in the same folder (or Desktop) as the original file or folder. The zip files are a very safe way to move collections of files over the internet, and they usually reduce the file size.
Rename your .zip file to 156-3-My name.zip.
Attach this .zip archive to your Canvas turn-in area for this project.
Take the quiz
Go to the Assignments section in Canvas and take the project quiz. You are allowed to retake the quizzes only twice. You might review and print the quiz before starting the project and locate the answers as you work.