GRDSN 172 Dreamweaver I
In this project I will learn to:
- Paste text content from a text-only email
- Apply the appropriate heading and paragraph tags throughout the text
- Create block quotes and define quote citations
- Mark up appreviations for imporved usability and accessibility
- Use the correct HTML tags to show emphasis
- Add special HTML characters throughout the text
- Use a table to present well organized content
- Create ordered, unordered, and definition lists
- Attach an existing CSS file to the new page
HOW TO PROCEED
Read and work through the project in the Against the Clock book. You will use the sample files provided by Against the Clock.
The files are also stored on the server in the graphics labs, AVA-Disciplines/GRDSN/Against_the_Clock. If you work outside the lab, files can be downloaded by following the instructions on the inside back cover of the book. If you are checking out books from the Library the online code may not work, so be sure to save files from our lab server.
You may find it convenient to copy the files onto your personal storage area.
Complete the exercises for the Special Characters page. All the links within the pages, and the Flash files, should work; so test your site with a web browser before you turn it in.
What to turn in.
Create a compressed .zip archive of your folder. The zip files are a very safe way to move collections of files over the internet, and they usually reduce the file size.
Use the Macintosh Finder’s File>Compress “filename”, or Windows’ “New>Compressed (zipped) Folder” tools to create a .zip archive of the folder. Remember to save a copy of your work folder onto your personal storage device.
Rename the .zip file to 172-2-your name.zip.
Attach this .zip archive to your Canvas turn-in area for this project.
Take the quiz
Go to the Assignments section in Canvas and take the project quiz. You are allowed to retake the quizzes only twice. You might review and print the quiz before starting the project and locate the answers as you work.