GRDSN 171 Flash I
In this project I will learn to:
- Import and manage artwork from Adobe Illustrator.
- Use the Library panel to manage a complex file.
- Building a frame-by-frame animation.
- Edit various button states.
- Import sound files into Flash.
- Add event and streaming sounds to a Flash timeline.
- Control volume and duration of sound.
- Apply built-in sound effects.
- Synchronize sound to animation.
- Define sound compression settings.
HOW TO PROCEED
Read and work through the project in the Against the Clock book. You will use the sample files provided by Against the Clock.
The project files are stored on the server in the graphics labs, AVA-Disciplines/GRDSN/Against_the_Clock. Against the Clock provides the files on their website. If you work outside the lab, files can be downloaded by following the instructions on the inside back cover of the book. If you are checking out books from the Library the online code may not work, so be sure to save files from our lab server.
You may find it convenient to copy the files onto your personal storage area.
Complete the exercises for the Atrium Kiosk.
What to turn in.
Create a compressed .zip archive of your atrium_kiosk.fla and atrium_kiosk.swf files. The zip archives are a very safe way to move collections of files over the internet, and they usually reduce the file size.
Select both files and use the Macintosh Finder’s File>Compress “filename”, or Windows’ “New>Compressed (zipped) Folder” tools to create a .zip archive of the folder. Remember to save a copy of your work folder onto your personal storage device.
Rename your .zip file to 171-2-My name.zip.
Attach this .zip archive to your Canvas turn-in area for this project.
Take the quiz
Go to the Assignments section in Canvas and take the project quiz. You are allowed to retake the quizzes only twice. You might review and print the quiz before starting the project and locate the answers as you work.