GRDSN 171 Flash II
In this project I will learn to:
- Import and analyze artwork from an Adobe Illustrator file.
- Create various types of symbols based on imported artwork.
- Edit symbol artwork to meet the unique needs of the job.
- Use a mask to hide parts of a tween animation.
- Writing scripts to animate different symbols in a random sequence.
- Define a variable to control game duration.
- Program a symbol instance to function as the cursor throughout the game.
- Use dynamic text areas to track user actions.
- Add script to show specific symbols based on the user's performance.
HOW TO PROCEED
Read and work through the project in the Against the Clock book. You will use the sample files provided by Against the Clock.
The Source Files
The project files are stored on the server in the graphics labs, AVA-Disciplines/GRDSN/Against_the_Clock. Against the Clock provides the files on their website. If you work outside the lab, files can be downloaded by following the instructions on the inside back cover of the book. If you are checking out books from the Library the online code may not work, so be sure to save files from our lab server.
You may find it convenient to copy the files onto your personal storage area.
Complete the exercises for the Gopher Golf Game.
What to turn in.
Create a compressed .zip archive of your gophers.fla and gophers.swf files. The zip archives are a very safe way to move collections of files over the internet, and they usually reduce the file size.
Select both files and use the Macintosh Finder’s File>Compress “filename”, or Windows’ “New>Compressed (zipped) Folder” tools to create a .zip archive of the folder. Remember to save a copy of your work folder onto your personal storage device.
Rename your .zip file to 171-5-My name.zip.
Attach this .zip archive to your Canvas turn-in area for this project.
Take the quiz
Go to Canvas’s Lessons section and take the quiz. You are allowed to retake the quizzes until you achieve a 100% score. You should use the Save and Continue Later option to store your answers, in case you need to retake the quiz.