Adobe Photoshop I, GRDSN 158
In this project I will learn to:
- Create a single composite ad from multiple supplied images.
- Composite multiple photographs, use various techniques to silhouette the focal object in each image.
- Incorporate vector graphics as rasterized layers and Smart Object layers.
- Scale and align different objects in relation to the page and to each other.
- Manage individual layout elements using layers and layer groups.
- Save multiple versions of a file to meet different output requirements.
HOW TO PROCEED
Read and work through the project in the Against the Clock book. You will use the sample files provided by Against the Clock.
The project files are stored on the server in the graphics labs, AVA-Disciplines/GRDSN/Against_the_Clock. Against the Clock provides the files on their website. If you work outside the lab, files can be downloaded by following the instructions on the inside back cover of the book. If you are checking out books from the Library the online code may not work, so be sure to save files from our lab server.
You may find it convenient to copy the files onto your personal storage area.
Complete the exercises for the Composite Movie Ad. Customize your ad by adding your photo to the composition, using the compositing techniques you just learned. The example below includes a photo taken with the Mac's PhotoBooth. You may use any camera device you prefer.
What to turn in
Turn in only your unflattened aftermath_layered.tiff file. Perform a Save As and rename this file as 158-1-yourname.tiff.
Attach this File to your Canvas turn-in area for this project.
Take the quiz
Go to the Assignments section in Canvas and take the project quiz. You are allowed to retake the quizzes only twice. You might review and print the quiz before starting the project and locate the answers as you work.
You are done with the first project!