Adobe Photoshop II, GRDSN 166
In this project I will learn to:
- Convert an image from bitmap to RGB color mode.
- Load a custom swatch panel to access approved colors.
- Use fill and stroke techniques to create the basic shapes in the artwork.
- Use hard and soft brushes to create detail in the painting.
- User brush blending modes to achieve special effects such as deep shadows.
- Create and apply custom patterns to create large areas of consistent texture.
- Setting brush options to randomize brush strokes and paint "natural" scenes.
HOW TO PROCEED
Read and work through the project in the Against the Clock book. You will use the sample files from the CD disk in the back of the book. You may find it convenient to copy the files from the CD to your personal storage area.
Complete the exercises for the House Painting. This project introduces a great number of tools. It will take much longer than the previous projects so allow extra time to finish the house drawing.
Do not skip the resampling operation in Stage 1, Step 7! If you don't reduce the number of pixels, the project will be too large to turn in.
What to turn in.
The final PDF file of the house.
Create a compressed .zip archive of your folder. The zip files are a very safe way to move collections of files over the internet, and they usually reduce the file size.
Use the Macintosh Finder’s File>Compress “filename”, or Windows’ “New>Compressed (zipped) Folder” tools to create a .zip archive of the folder. Remember to save a copy of your work folder onto your personal storage device.
Rename your .zip file to 166-7-My name.zip.
Attach this .zip archive to your Angel turn-in area for this project.
Take the quiz
Go to the Assignments section in Canvas and take the project quiz. You are allowed to retake the quizzes only twice. You might review and print the quiz before starting the project and locate the answers as you work.