Adobe InDesign I, GRDSN 163
In this project I will learn to:
- Understand and control facing-page layouts.
- Convert regular layout pages to master pages.
- Use master pages to apply repetitive layout elements.
- Use special characters and markers.
- Automatically flow text across multiple pages.
- Base style sheets on other style sheets to improve consistency.
- Apply bulleted list formatting.
- Control page breaks with paragraph Keep options.
- Control automatic hyphenation.
- Print a booklet using built-in imposition options.
- Export a PDF file with animated page transitions.
HOW TO PROCEED
Read and work through the project in the Against the Clock book. You will use the sample files provided by Against the Clock.
Changes in the book; Interface, Proj. 3 and Proj.4
Download this file; it lists changes to the book. As the software has updated, some instructions needed to change.
The project files are stored in the Canvas Files area and also on the AVA Disciplines server in the Against_the_Clock_CC2015-student_files folder.
Against the Clock provides the files to those who purchase the books on their website. If you work outside the lab, files can be downloaded by following the instructions on the inside back cover of the book. If you are checking out books from the Library the online code may not work, so be sure to save files from our lab server.
You may find it convenient to copy the files onto your personal storage area.
Complete the exercises for the Realtor Collateral booklet. At the end of the project, you are instructed to print as a booklet. You do not need to turn in this print-out. You may find the Preview step does not show up in this operation, but the Print button will still work.
Danger: a Common Mistake
The most prevalent problem occurs at step 8 on page 243. Be sure you switch from the master page onto page 2 before placing the text.
Why are my fonts pink?
The files initially use fonts which are not available. That is why the text displays pink. The book will instruct you to change to using active fonts.
What to turn in.
Attach this pdf to your Canvas turn-in area for this project.
Take the quiz
Go to the Assignments section in Canvas and take the project quiz. You are allowed to take the quizzes only twice. You might review and print the quiz before starting the project and locate the answers as you work.
You are done with the course!