1st Quarter: Scanning Line Art Exercise
Create a Holiday Card
1. Using a Sharpie Fine Point Marker... hand draw a favorite quote or create an illustration of your choice.
2. Using a scanner, scan the image with the following settings:
a. 8 bit grayscale
3. Open the file in Photoshop
4. Run the Filter>Sharpen>Unsharp Mask filter
5. Run the Image>Adjustments>Threshold command
6. Run the Image>Mode>Bitmap command
Set the output to 1200ppi and toggle on the method dialog box, set to:
7. Save as a .tiff or .psd file
8. Create an 8.5"x11" Adobe Illustrator Document with two artboards (one for the front of the card, the other for the inside)
9. Use a guide line to indicate the "fold".
10. Place your file in an Illustrator document and affect the line art using two pantone colors.