Ensuring the Perfect Fit
Whether you're at your wedding-day weight goal or a few
- All wedding-dress manufacturers have different size charts— most of which run small. So even if you wear size 4 jeans, you might have to order a 6 in Jim Hjelm or an 8 in Vera Wang.
- Even if you plan to lose weight before your wedding day by following our exclusive Vow to Wow diet and fitness program, request the dress size that fits you the day you place your order. It's easy to take dresses in, but very difficult—and in some cases, impossible—to let them out.
- Set up appointments for alterations as soon as your dress arrives. Schedule at least two appointments. If major alterations are made, or if you lose a lot of weight, you might even want to set up a third appointment to ensure a custom fit.
- To make sure the hem length is perfect, wear the lingerie and shoes that you plan to wear on your wedding day.
- Once you've had that final fitting, watch what you eat.
- At your last fitting, examine yourself in your gown from every angle—front to side to back—to make sure there's no bulging or pulling. If you're not satisfied, don't hesitate to request another round of alterations.